Friday, April 27, 2012

What the Hell was I Thinking!

Sometimes I like to look back in the past and go over all the decisions I made that were horrible mistakes. I guess I just like to punish myself or maybe to remind myself to think a little more before I make a big life changing experience. First thing I think of is quitting my job at Bernie Little Dist. to start a Real Estate career. Although I can truly say that was really not my doing, Chris actually talked me into it! So I blame him for that. And I guess myself for listening to him. Second, selling our nice car for cash and a piece of shit to replace it.(Which is the car I mentioned in the blog before which blew up) Third, quitting my job at Express Care to stay home w/ our son Andrew. I never got to stay home w/ Emilie after she was born, so I thought I was missing something. Come to find out, if you have no money and no car, it's not all it's cracked up to be. In retrospect it's not really a "mistake" because I enjoy being with him, he makes me laugh when I'm not yelling at him. (j/k). And if I had a "real" job then I wouldn't have been able to start this blog. haha
 I regret not doing better in high school so I could go to a "real" college and actually be something. I'm sure there are many people who feel that way. At least I hope so.

When Andrew was around one year old, I decided that I would try to make money at home, one of the many attempts I've made this one was the worst I think. Selling Mary Kay!!!!  Don't get me wrong they have amazing products, but shit, if I can't sell a house, how the hell am I supposed to sell over priced make up!! I didn't so that was $100 down the drain.

Then some friends and I started a "Extreme Couponing" business. We made and sold coupon binders and we even taught a few classes. We included coupons in all the binders, had to dive in a few dumpsters for those. Not proud of it but it was kind of funny. But, it was taking away from my couponing. So had to quit that too.  And then eventually stopped couponing too. (Note: get back into couponing)

A few months ago I decided I was going to learn how to sew. So I had my friend Kyley help me learn how to use a sewing machine. Didn't get too far with that either, I have like 10 pillows to show my work for that. 
But shit I can't even afford to go buy fabric to use. Chris will probably come home one day and find all his clothes are missing, but he has a homemade quilt to curl up with. 

I've always liked to write and to tell stories, I love to make people laugh. I'm quite the smart ass. And yes I will use someone's misfortune to make someone else laugh. I don't do it to be mean, it's just funny to me and most people unless your the one I'm making fun of. And I always do it in front of the other person so I'm not officially "talking behind their back". 

As of today, I started a blog, not even sure what I'm going to write about, I guess just whatever I'm feeling at that moment or something that happened in my past that I feel like sharing. My goal is to make people laugh and actually learn who I am. But I'm sure not everything will be all fun and games. 
Those blogs will probably be the day I forget to take my "nice mommy pill".


Do you have any mistakes or regrets you would like to share??




3 comments:

  1. Making a mistake is apart of life but the "Real mistake", is when you don't learn from all those little mistakes!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!