Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NO! Not me, it's not my time...

I've never been the type of person who pays too much attention to their age.  I always say, it's how I feel inside.  Although, I still feel like a young whipper-snapper (okay, that doesn't sound like I'm feeling young) I'm starting to kind of freak out, this week I will be entering the last year of my 30's.

I'm really not sure if I should smile or cry?

Smile, because I'm still alive and kicking.

Cry, because well, 39 UGH!!!!!

Where did the time go?  Really?  Where?  Dammit!

Sometimes, I forget that I'm an adult until one of my snot slingers walk in and call me "Mommy."
Really?  I'm really a Mom!?!  I look around for the old lady they must be talking too, because my ass is only 23!
I can remember when I turned 16 and now I'm <sniff> <sniff>  old!


I'm not sure if I would feel the same way if my kids were older.

I chose not to have children during my party years, so I had my daughter when I was 29.
And then, was surprised at 35 to find out I was pregnant again!
I was a f'ing mess being pregnant at 35 years old!  I felt like it was just too damn old to be making another human being.  I guess my business was still young enough to do it though.  He turned out completely fine.


I know I'm not the only woman to have children later in life, but everyone around me is younger.  I think I need to start playing Bingo, there has got to be some women older than me there.
They will rub my head and call me a sweet young thing.  Hmm, kind of makes me feel like a dog. Or a hot guy, which I'm neither.  Which reminds me, my dog died and I'm not with a hot young guy!! ARRRR!!!


Maybe, I'm going through my midlife crisis?  Do women even go through a midlife crisis?  Or are they only for 40 something year old balding men?

What do women do, besides start lying about their age? Cause I'm definitely going to be doing that from now on.  I WILL be 39 forever!

How the hell would I even go about having a midlife crisis?  I know some people buy fancy sports cars, I can't do that I have no fucking money and shitty credit.  Maybe I could rent one for a weekend, is there room for a car seat?  I already color my hair cause of the grey hairs I've seen sprouting up.  What kind of adventure would I dare do?  Not give my son a nap anymore?  Well, that's just plain fucking crazy!
Oh well, maybe I can go through my midlife crisis when I turn 50.
Oh shit never mind, I forgot I will be 39 forever.

Although, I've been thinking a lot about what I would like to do or get for my birthday this year.
I'm not a material kind of girl, I love making memories.  So, something ran  through my head about making memories and what I would like for my birthday and maybe help me out with my threatening midlife crisis.

Chris doesn't have a grey tie
Put the kids to bed, and act out some of those scenes I read in Fifty Shades of Grey. Mind you, I don't want to do everything, because there was some crazy shit in that story.  I will leave out the flogger and the butt plugs.  I think the mild stuff would do just fine, blindfolded and tied up.  I wonder if Chris would mind if I ripped up a pair of his jeans for him to wear.  I will have to use my imagination while he's wearing them, I'm pretty sure Christian didn't have a beer belly.
I mentioned this stuff to Chris after I read the books, and he just laughed at me. He has no sense of adventure. Hmm..I wonder if he would do this for me for my birthday?  

I'll probably just end up at the Olive Garden, I do love those bread sticks though!

Thanks for reading,

xoxo

27 comments:

  1. I think you better settle for Olive Garden! Although Chris does love you so I suppose there is a chance that you could have your bedroom adventure. The picture I have in my head is of you cracking up with your great laugh...hope it works out for you. By the way I'll be 48 this year so I really can't sympathize with 39. As I think on it though I do remember 39 was a tough birthday for me too! No matter, you still look like you're in your 20's so no worries. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's quite a picture in my head too!!! xxxx

      Delete
  2. First of all congratulations on almost hitting the fantastic, fabulous, foxy 40's, which you will find to be the BEST decade of your life!!! I remember 39 and thinking I was washed up, but once you get passed that, you will freakin' rock it out!!! I'm 49 and can't wait to see what the fantabulous 50's bring me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment makes me feel much better.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Found you on linkin with my ladies and so glad I did, This was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha Ellen, I was 39 when I had my second daughter, that was 22 years after having my first daughter... yes... I have 22 years between my children. Do you feel better now? lol

    Your forties will be fabulous girl, I totally loved them... I had so much fun.... ahhh... the stories I could tell you... lol

    We will leave it at that, enjoy them though and I am looking forward to my 50's in two months.

    I hope you can talk your hubby into some fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 22 years!!! My kids are 5 years apart, I thought that was a big gap. Hmm, might want to hear some of those stories.. sounds like a great blog post for you ;)

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure my blog followers could handle all those interesting (crazy) stories... lol... I was quite the wild child...haha :-D

      My blog might get banned, lmao

      Delete
  5. Being thirty-nine forever worked for Jack Benny, and if you remember Jack Benny you are truly old, I'm sorry to say. Unfortunately, I remember Jack very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Google Jack Benny, the name didn't sound familiar but once I saw his pic I remembered him. I'm not admitting to anything, except that my parents were older and made me watch lots of old shows.

      Delete
  6. Hi. Love your style! Following you on blogger & bloglovin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, hun, your midlife crisis isn't really under way yet.

    Wait til you realize your hair is turning white (ALL your hair), you've sprouted whiskers and the girls need staging of the kind holding up the Brooklyn Bridge to remain upright.

    Enjoy 39.

    The good news is that with "old" comes some new freedom and confidence. I'm in my late 40s now and wishing I had the wisdom of these years when I was fretting away at your age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have a few grey hairs (on my head) LOL.. and for the girls, well lets just say one 10 pound and one 8 pound baby didn't help matters! UGH!! Thanks for the advice, I will try not to fret about the number. :)

      Delete
  8. This post had me cracking up! I don't know you, but I could just see the thoughts going through your head in a frenzy--much like the rest of us as we contemplate our ages! I lived out my party years before having kids, too...we had our first when I was 31 and then the second when I was 34. But several of the other moms where I live did the same, so I don't have to feel like the only "older" one. Have fun with Fifty Shades--or Olive Garden, whichever the case may be! (I'll tell you what I'd pick: OLIVE GARDEN! Haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pissing me off already today. I think Olive Garden sounds amazing -- BY MYSELF! :D

      Delete
  9. I LOVE this post!!! Of course women can go thru a midlife crisis! Many I know have. But I am here to tell ya--it only gets BETTER!!!! Once your kids grow up and leave the nest, you get your independence and identity back. Oh, and btw...I'm only 39, too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Independence? Wow, that word sounds so foreign to me!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I will be a 39-year-old dad in a couple of months. I know exactly how you feel... However, I'd opt for the butt plug. I mean, we're almost 40 and we should live a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!!!! That's pretty damn funny. My boyfriend is 41 and didn't do anything special for him on his 40th (his choice). Maybe I can see if he wants to try one on for size. HA!!

      Delete
  11. Hey there! I wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Birthday!!! What day is your birthday? My birthday is Saturday and I am turning 37 this year! Ahh so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's on Sunday the 26th. Happy Birthday to you too!!!
      :)

      Delete
  12. Happy 39. Turning 50 this year with a prognosis of 32...from an oncologist years ago. So 50 is looking pretty f-ing good. Celebrate 40! Olive Garden AND fun sex...Im gonna be jumping out of a plane with some friends...Maybe we'll have sex on the way down. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday my fellow 39er! A tough pill to swallow for me this year! So... 50 Shades ... Me to Jasper. At a wedding. Before the ceremony. "So, would you like to tie me up and do stuff?" I bet the last time he was that stunned ... never. Win for this girl!!

    xxoo

    ~It's why you like me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be 38 in October and I feel like I'm than most moms with a 4 year old. It took us six years to have him, so I'm a bit older, but wiser. SO...HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!!

    Glad I found your blog on The Sunday Sip and going to follow you now1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by. Gonna go check out your blog now :)

      Delete

Lay it on me!