Monday, August 5, 2013

Vacation

September 8th 2012 my family and I moved from a town in north central Florida where Chris and I both grew up. We moved two and a half hours south east to Palm Bay, Florida.  Almost one year later the kids and I came back to Ocala my old stomping ground.  My sister and her family were going on vacation and asked me to come and dog sit for them.  My sister's boyfriend has the sweetest retired police dog, he's getting up there in age and doesn't travel well.  I've never dog sat before, how hard could it really be.

I was a little nervous about watching a old cop dog.  I knew that they have certain words and commands for the dog.  I think German words.  Of course I don't know German, but I often make up my own words that sound like a different language.  I expressed my concern to my sis that I wanted to come a day early so the dog could get to know me and to be sure I wouldn't say any of my freaky words and the dog wouldn't bite my titties off when I wasn't looking.

We finally get into hot ass, no sea breeze Ocala on Saturday afternoon, feeling a little nostalgic as we drive around a town that I have a memory in every nook and cranny.  We get the Shawn's house and say hi to my sis and nieces.  After a little butt sniffing from the dog, I think we will be good for the week.

Here are some pictures of all the people we went to visit.. Because I'm a freaking dumbass, I didn't think of taking pictures of everywhere we went.

I was really excited to visit my friend/sis in law and fellow blogger Barbara.  We always have some amazing talks!  I don't want to forget my bro in law her "love."  She has an awesome pool that the kids and  their dog got to enjoy in between rain showers.  If you haven't read Barb's blog yet, you really should she is an amazing writer with tons of great fashion and beauty advice.  All My Lives Now

Sadie waiting for Andrew to jump in (which never happened)

One day I got together with my good friends Shirley and Andrea.  
We had such a great night catching up with each other!






We went to visit Chris' mom and Emilie had lots of fun hula hooping with Grandma.


In between visiting people the kids and I had Wii dancing competitions.  As you can see from the videos' I did not win that shit!!  But, had lots of fun trying.



Emilie dancing.. which she never does. 




Here's one of me trying to dance to my lovely Adam Levine..

Good God almighty I have no freaking rhythm




On our last day Andrew was a little sad and wanted to say good bye to the sweet dog we spent the week with. 



Thank you to everyone who I visited with but I must tell you.  The next time any of you see me is when you visit me!  

Thanks for reading
xoxo


6 comments:

  1. Great blog post Ellen. I love all the pictures and the videos. The last picture of Andrew and the dog is priceless. Emilie has some good moves, you're not too bad either. Thanks for the mention, that was sweet of you. Once the weather cools off we'll definitely come down and visit. I want to see the tide pool. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' cute Ellen!! Loved the pictures and videos. What a sweet dog. I wish I knew somebody who wanted me to dog sit because we aren't allowed to have dogs. And having a pool would be even better!! Thanks for sharing Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilie was dancing pretty good until she noticed you taping her and Andrew seemed to really become fond of the dog you dog sat...

    You do have some moves Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compared to what I try to pass off as "dancing", you look like a rock star! Glad you had fun. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!!! Looks like you had fun and YES you can dance! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me cracking up. Friends and I tired once (I think my friends and I had been tipping back the bottle of wine that night)with a few girlfriends (still say we had to of been drunk... or just really stupid....or both)to do dance dance revolution... It wasn't a revolution.. it was a revelation as to how old we were, and how we are better off drinking wine while making fun of the kids dancing to it.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!