Friday, July 17, 2015

I want to be my Tupperware cupboard!!

For as long as I can remember, I've been a planner.  I'm the person who is always early to where ever it is I need to be.  I was the strong one when both of my parents died.

One trait that I have, that my mom always boasted upon is that I'm dependable and independent.
I would always smile when she would say that to me.
Up until today...

I don't know if I want to be the dependable, organized and thoughtful person anymore.

This evening, I was unloading the dishwasher and as I was putting away my silverware (I always HAVE to do that first) I noticed that I was screwing with the forks so they would all lay on top of each other nice and neat.  Every tine had to line up perfectly.

I stopped and thought to myself, why the fuck do I care?  Why do I care if they all line up?  Who the shit hole cares if every fork isn't placed so very carefully into it's designated slot?

I decided right then, I don't care if they all line up.  Nope!  I don't care.

I slammed the drawer and then opened the cupboard where I keep my Tupperware.  I smiled when I noticed that the cupboard is a disgusting, un-organized mess!

For some crazy ass reason, I like that mess.  I like that it doesn't even bother me.

I wish I could be my Tupperware cupboard, but for some fucked up reason I know that I'm really the plastic thingy we all put in our drawers to keep our silverware organized.

I know this goes much deeper than my silverware and my tupperware, but I really don't give a shit right now.

I hope you enjoyed my delusional rant!  



2 comments:

  1. In our house I put away the dishes and I am just as anal about the silverware, but I also hate the Tupperware shelf. I won't touch it. It is Mrs. Cranky's shelf. If you open the door on this shelf be prepare to duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me!